April/early May recap.... and quarantine

 I can't believe I forgot to mention the timing of me testing positive for covid. I started noticing on Tuesday that my throat kind of hurt, Tuesday into Wednesday night, it felt worse and I noticed some congestion, so I took a test and it came back + THE DAY BEFORE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE FOR FLORIDA! Pats extended family on his mom's side was all flying down to celebrate his grandmas birthday-who is no longer with us. If you remember our last trip with the entire family was for Pat's cousin Nick's wedding in Cabo back in Oct '21 and Pat hurt his back THE DAY BEFORE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE. So bummed that we're missing all of these events! But we're hoping to make it back down to Florida before the arrival of baby D 2.


Now to catch up, a few weekends ago- most of my sisters, mom, and most of my nieces went to the Dunes of Indiana for a girls weekend. We stayed in this area a few years ago for a sisters weekend we had, its a nice meeting spot for us with my sister Karen living in southern Indiana. We lucked out with the weather as it was mid 70's, kind of windy, but very relaxing to be outside and enjoy the weather. Most of the other girls were slightly "hanging" the next day after our first time. After spending time outside, we went to Coopers Hawk for dinner and walked around the mall a bit. Lots of the stores were starting to close by 6-7 pm! We did some face masks both nights!





Getting to see Pat/Branko through the window! Taking a decent picture of these 2 is impossible.


Instead of playing music on the triangle, Branko is more interested in putting his entire leg through it.
Went downtown last weekend to see Heather McMahan, shes a female comedian who Kelli really likes. 
On Sunday, Kristen had asked if Branko and I could come to Swimtastic so she could teach some of her swim instructors how to interact with toddlers/adults in the parent/tot class. She mentioned there were a lot of instructors signed up and needed more kids, so Taylor and Max joined. Branko made it nice and challenging for the instructors and took the assignment to heart and screamed for the first 20-30 min of the class :) 
He really enjoyed his swim lessons back in the fall, not sure what happened, as this water was like 25 degrees warmer!

I'm trying to get more pictures than videos these days-it seems to be a lot of him eating or brushing his teeth..
Eating a WHOLE taco. This lasted 2 bites. Branko decided to just eat the meat inside.
Group shot of our girls weekend right before we were about to head back. Traffic was MUCH lighter going home.
Our cheesy boy. Below are some screen shots of Patrick and I around the same age as Branko. I think Branko has Patricks upper facial features and he definitely has my nose and mouth.



Back to Indiana, Nora/Ava were quick to get the Bucks game on. Uncle Pat was proud!
More yellow ball pics and no pants!


A few weeks ago I took Branko to an indoor gym called, "We Rock the Spectrum". I think I'll take him back, but I think he'll love it as he gets bigger-he loved watching the big kids on the zip line.

Trying on mama's shoes.
Playing "peek a boo" with himself.
SO handsome!
We went down to Auntie Jodi's and Branko got to experience some of the glow easter eggs she had.




Just a boy relaxing in the tub brushing his teeth-rather sucking on the water.
Branko has also really been interested in playing connect 4
I don't get very many pictures of him sleeping anymore. There's just something so peaceful about it.
Lunch time at Grandma and Grandpas
Naked baby playing soccer.


Trying to find his toothbrush.
We've been playing in front yard lately. Unfortunately you can't see this photo live. But Branko just sat on the side walk and started doing the gestures for "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" in this pic he's doing the mouth part of it. But he does this all the time, this song must really be stuck in his head a lot!


He likes to play with these flip flops, but he definitely does not like to walk in them
I love his smile while he's swinging!

And now we are all caught up! Each day I'm starting to feel better. The first day my throat hurt and I had such an awful headache. Today the headache is gone, but I'm just more congested and sneezing and coughing more. Hoping that means I"m getting this virus out of my system. My OB said that the only thing that changes now is I'll have a growth ultrasound at 32 weeks to check out baby and my placenta, so hoping this pregnancy runs smoothly. 15 weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First smiles!

Christmas in Florida!

Ozarks 2023!