Kitchen Backsplash, Sledding, and pictures of our favorite guy


This past month we got new backsplash in our kitchen. Back when Branko was born, during the two weeks Patrick had off of work, we thought we would do the backsplash ourselves. A: there was no way we were in any shape or form to do this ourselves with a brand new baby and B: there is no way we are skilled or patient enough to do it ourselves. We found a guy on Facebook to do it for us, we got a few quotes and he was MUCH more reasonable than the contractors at the Floor/Tile/Decor store. We just had to buy the supplies and they came over and did the labor. We weren't supposed to get it done until the end of March, but they were able to squeeze us in between jobs. They were here for about 10 hours, it would've taken Patrick and I weeks to do it ourselves. We're very happy with how it turned out, next up, new kitchen floors. Actually, next was a car, which we got a 2018 VW Atlas yesterday! I don't have any pictures of it yet. Those will come soon! (Kitchen pictures will be later in the post).


I finally got to meet Bennett, here are the trouble makers with Grandma!


Auntie Mary got Branko new tattoos, he was very proud of his tats.


The face he was making in this picture reminded me of myself around the same age, maybe a smidge older. But, I see lots of resemblance :)


We moved the swing in the guest bedroom to make space for his bouncer. We kept in upstairs in case Patricks co-worker who had triplets wanted to borrow it, yes, I said triplets, spontaneous triplets. Branko really enjoyed the swing this day. I wanted to snap one last picture of him in it to see his growth.


We had lots and lots of snow this Jan/Feb. Here was our last snowfall, I thought I would take Branko sledding in the drive way before Patrick snow blew (blowed?). The snow mounds were too big for Branko, so I had to wait for fresh snow in the drive to take him sledding. He wasn't phased by it, but he looked super cute!

Celebrating a Chrystal Palace win! (I think this soccer team has only won a handful of times since Branko has been born).


This is how Branko normally looks in the tub these days. 


Here are our Before Pictures of the kitchen. The After will be a little further down.



Our boy is 5 months old!! Note the chocolate donut, he got his hands into it, making a huge mess. His first taste of food was almost chocolate frosting. This particular morning, Branko rolled from back to front in his crib for the first time. It happened around 3 AM and he SCREAMED, startling all of us. During this month, Branko has officially transitioned out of the swaddle and started to belly laugh. He has started to sleep longer stretches at night, a few times we got 11 hours! His favorite words are "heyyy" and "hiiii." He's really learned how to scream. He loves to jump in his bouncer and also loves to complain/laugh at the the same time while jumping in his bouncer. 


Our blue eyed boy. This picture below Auntie Jodi took, and she made a video where it looks like he's singing a song, so now whenever I think of the picture, I think he's about to sing, "My ya heee, my ya hoo, my ya who, my ya ha ha."

Fun times with his cousins!



I thought I would try to re-enact this picture in the donut box. My original plan was to have him lay in the box each month for his pictures, but I realized at 1 month, he was already the size of the box. He sure has grown!

The After pictures! I just love how it all turned out, it makes our kitchen look SO much better and compliments our new granite counter top so well. The new floors and light fixtures will really bring it all together, I can't wait! If anyone wants to help us hang new light fixtures on these vaulted ceilings, let me know, we're gonna need all the help we can get!


Auntie Kelly!


Slags and Twinkle came over for dinner and stayed the night, Patrick needed some socialization and we knew these two play it safe and both work from home. Paul also came over for dinner, he works in healthcare and has both of his vaccines. These guys all lived in the dorms together. Slags/Paul were random college room mates freshman year at UWM. It was nice to feel a little bit normal again. We went on a walk the next morning with Twinkle while Slags slept, that boy has always been an afternoon wake up type of guy. We're trying to talk them into buying or building a house in Oak Creek by us. 


Branko rocking his Dallas Stars outfit from Uncle Jeff. Turns out they had a big win the day before!

A little off center, but I just had to try and snap a picture of our happy guy. He mostly wakes up super smiley and happy and I can't get enough of it!


Auntie Kristen and Bennett went over to Auntie Jodi's while Branko was there. I asked Jodi if she could get a new side by side picture of the boys. Branko slept during the majority of them being there, so this is the best she could do at the time!



Until a little bit later... It's hard to get two babies awake at the same time :)


Branko got to go sledding again. This particular day was super nice out and the snow was just about gone a few days after this. I'm happy they were able to play in it one last time!



Note Branko's golf club. Jodi said the only time he made a peep while sledding was when the golf club fell. Sledding and golf go together, right?


Selfie's with my guy!
Branko loves playing in his high chair. We usually spend our mornings here while I slurp down my morning coffee.


It was International Women's Day, and I just so happened to be pumping at work alongside two of my co-workers. There was still one more pumping mom working this particular day, happy to work at a place where this is completely normal. 


Spring is coming, and Grandpa is ready to go on walks with the boys! (Rocky the dog and Branko). Note my parents new car in the background. They just bought an Infiniti QX80. Its very nice, Branko loves riding in it.

Branko and I have also been going on walks around our neighborhood as well. 



A little out of order, but I just love this picture of Branko and Nora. (I think I say that a lot, but its true!)


Auntie Jodi takes awesome pictures, so I've gotta post them all!



Those smiles!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First smiles!

Christmas in Florida!

Ozarks 2023!